Only applications received via BrighterMonday platform will be considered. Any phone calls, emails or other types of canvassing may lead to your application being disqualified.
Please do not apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements set out below.
1. JOB/ POSITION TITLE
2. DEPARTMENT AND DIVISION
4. ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE TO:
Head of Sales
5. POSITIONS REPORTING TO JOB HOLDER:
6. JOB PURPOSE
• Responsible for developing and effectively implementing marketing activities for the brands.
• Build brand and raise brand awareness for the company’s product offerings – across Mini Bakeries (N) Ltd, Akiyda Ltd and Mibisco Ltd
• Track and analyze the performance of advertising campaigns, manage the marketing budget and ensure that all marketing materials are in line with the respective brand identity.
7. AUTHORITIES ASSIGNED
As per Approved Budgets
8. JOB SPECIFICATIONS
ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING & WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related field
• Minimum of five years’ work experience as a Marketing / Brand Executive/Officer preferably in FMCG multinational or large local Company.
• Experience in brand equity marketing, brand communication and project management.
• Marketing management experience.
• Experience in the development and execution of advertising strategies.
• Digital and social media marketing experience would be an added advantage.
• Member of the Kenya Institute of Marketing or CIM will add value.
KNOWLEDGE AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to translate data into compelling insights that resonate with business leaders
• High work ethic, tenacious and an ability to work without close supervision
• Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects and perform in multiple roles
• Computer literacy (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint with Illustrator and Photoshop a plus)
• Strong leadership skills with an ability to inspire and motivate brand stakeholders.
• A proactive, results oriented person with an initiative to be innovative.
• Analytical and a good negotiator and decision maker.
• A mature team player passionate about brand management and working hands-on in the field in direct contact with consumers.
• Ability to work in an established team with a high level of initiative and interpersonal skill.
• An excellent communicator with high verbal abilities, both written and oral.
9. DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage the development, tracking/measuring and completion of brand plans - strategic and operational plans, annual performance review, budget plan, research plans, activity cycle plans and activity plans.
• Constantly monitor our digital and social media footprint and respond to customer comments and feedback within the framework of global brand guidelines.
• Interact with agency partners to creative content for in-store and outdoor communication and printed materials, while ensuring brand standards are maintained.
• Effect successful communication strategies through the purchase of traditional above the line media and digital/social platform advertising through our local media and agency partners.
• Provide relevant information in a timely manner to support effective and efficient decision making.
• Monitoring competitor activities affecting the brand and taking appropriate corrective action.
• Monitoring, evaluating and recommending brand packaging, updating including pack and range extensions, and following through to implementation.
• Analyzing market research data, including secondary research and taking corrective action for enhancement of brand strategies.
• Study, analyze and report on traditional and digital marketing initiatives of our competitors.
• Execute ideas across digital communication platforms using best-in-class techniques
• Initiate brand innovations to improve brand image attributes amongst customers.
• Engagement with key Distributors, Agents and direct customers to ensure delivery on brand initiatives and drive the creative processes for our brands.
• Monitoring brand availability and sales, and being proactive on factors affecting the brand sales and market share performance.
• Management of Budgets to ensure spend in line with strategic direction to enable brand growth.
• Managing and monitoring the Marketing activity calendar.
• Advertising agency and other supplier liaison and management.
• Liaising with Sales Department on brand performance delivery.
• Liaising with Operations and Sales on S&OP management.
1. Preparing monthly brand expenditure and variance reports to control budgeted expenditure.
2. Prepare Monthly Brand position reports
3. Prepare Monthly quality complain and resolution report status
4. Monthly Market intelligence
5. Prepare quarterly Market Share reports
6. Conduct monthly Meeting with Sales and Operations
7. Prepare Annual Marketing Activity Calendar
• The timely execution of marketing plans.
• Appropriate brand health measures as set out in the monthly Brand Health Tracker research tool.
• Brand A&P (Advertising and Promotional) budget as per annual plan.
• Brand profitability.
• Brand volume and market share.