DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE, LIVESTOCK AND FISHERIES
WCPSB/010/2021: Meat Inspectors J/G “G” (3 POSTS)
Duties and Responsibilities
I. Undertake regular animal meat inspection.
II. Provide Livestock extension services
III. Take part in disease control and surveillance
IV. Inspects establishments engaged in slaughtering livestock and processing meat
V. Examines animal and carcass before and after slaughtering to detect evidence of disease or other abnormal
VI. Determines that ingredients used in processing and marketing meat and meat products comply with standards of purity and grading, and that products are not adulterated or misbranded
VII. Inspects processing areas to ensure sanitary conditions are maintained
Requirements for appointment
• Certificate in animal health and production or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
• At least Six months training in meat inspection form a recognized institution.
How to apply:-
Applications shall include a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), Copies of academic and professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identification Card, Statutory clearance documents and other supporting documents to be sent in a sealed envelope clearly marked with the Position Title and Advert Number to:-
Wajir County Public Service Board
P O BOX 45 – 70200
Hand delivered applications should be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s offices at Wajir County Headquarters. No online applications.
Applications should reach us on or before Wednesday, 29th September 2021. No online applications
Please note that:
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
• Wajir County is an equal opportunity employer
• Women, Youth and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
WAJIR COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD