DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORT AND INFRASTRUCTURE
12. Mechanic (Electrical-Motor Vehicle & Plant), Job Group F (1 Post)
For appointment to this Grade, a candidate must have:
• Served in a busy automotive/plant workshop or similar for at least three (3) years;
• Government trade test in automotive or its equivalent and relevant qualification from a recognized institution; and
• Valid driving licence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Diagnosis of electrical faults in machinery, motor vehicles and plant;
• Servicing and carrying out minor repairs on electrical components such as alternators, generators, starter motors, small battery charging units and condensers;
• Maintenance and repair of motor vehicle/plant batteries; and
• Carrying out fitting of electrical components and electrical wiring.
All applicants Must fulfill Chapter six of the constitution requirement
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to these positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission and other recognized CBAs as applicable.
Terms of Service: All the above posts shall be on a three (3) year contract term renewable based on satisfactory performance.
“Vihiga County is an Equal opportunity employer”
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application with copies of their National Identity/passport, Academic & Professional certificates to the undersigned.
Key responsibilities and job specifications for the above positions are available on the official County websites www.vihiga.go.ke.
All application from interested and qualified candidates should be submitted on or before 26th day of October 2020
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
SECRETARY/CEO VIHIGA COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 880-50300