The successful candidate will be responsible for constructing, maintaining, and repairing all machinery and vehicles. Your duties will include monitoring inventory, inspecting vehicles, and assembling machinery. The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years’ experience working with heavy commercial vehicles.
• Diagnose vehicles based on observational and mechanical testing as well as information provided by the customer.
• Repair vehicles based on the diagnosed issues and repair estimate.
• Test drive vehicles after repairs are complete to ensure mechanical soundness and to determine whether any other problems exist.
• Fi Inspecting and testing vehicles’ engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service.
• Examine machines and oversee diagnostic tests to determine functionality problems.
• Performs tune ups, brake jobs and other preventative maintenance on vehicles.
• Diagnoses, repairs and overhauls engines, transmissions, and fuel systems.
• Maintain vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints.
• Replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjusting controls and systems. i.e., appropriate documentation on each repair.
• Must have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
• In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems.
• Must have at least 5 years’ experience working with heavy commercial vehicles.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to perform complex diagnostic procedures on all vehicle systems.
• Thorough knowledge of automotive technology.
• Must possess a valid driving license.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 25,000-30,000 (Approx. 250-300 USD)
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Isinya Kajiado, Kenya.
Deadline: 10th October 2021.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.