Victory Farms Kenya:
Victory Farms aims to be the most sustainable fish farm on the planet whilst it scales to feed 2 billion Africans in the coming 2 decades. Currently, VF is sub-Saharan Africa’s fastest growing fish farm, and the largest Fish Farm in East Africa. We have operations on the Kenyan side of Lake Victoria and distribution capacity throughout Kenya. The Company has the highest standards for performance, execution, culture, and integrity, with best-in-class talent from across the globe.
Mechanic (located in Homa Bay)
In this role, you will be a key member within the Victory Farms Operations department. You will report directly to our Project Manager and will be responsible for repair of generators, dozer, backhoe, forklift, and light vehicles at our facility in Homa Bay.
• Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately.
• Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade.
• Maintaining vehicle functional by conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
• Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use.
• Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks).
• Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job.
• Keep logs on work and issues.
• Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
• Repair of light engines
• Servicing and repair of all light vehicles
• Repair and servicing of heavy plant
• Preparation of service schedules for all company equipment in the above categories
• Training operators on operation and maintenance of equipment
• Ensuring proper stock of service materials and spares are maintenance.
• Ensuring disposal of waste from servicing and repairs is properly carried out.
• Diploma/degree in Automotive Engineering.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a busy motor vehicle garage/ Workshop Environment.
• Proven knowledge of motor vehicle mechanics.
• Experienced and capable of repairing all types of vehicles and familiar with modern technology.
● Location: Homa Bay, Kenya
● Status: Full time
● Salary: Competitive, based on experience