Supervises: Mechanical Maintenance Manager, Electrical Engineer
• Plant availability:
• Budgetary responsibility:
• Plant maintenance budget:
• Capital projects budget:
• Services maintenance budget:
• Power generation budget:
• Authority limits:
• Stock item withdrawal
• Develop the maintenance strategy and plans so as to ensure the continuous availability of assets
• Implement a preventive maintenance management system that ensures continuous availability of the plant
• Set and implement key performance indicators to ensure the performance of the plant is monitored and tracked.
• Manage the implementation of the maintenance plans in a manner that ensures timely delivery cost effectiveness and continuous improvement in respect to operational efficiency and reliability.
• Develop and control the departmental maintenance and engineering budget in consultation– Operations and the Finance Department.
• Ensure that the section's operations are in compliance with regulatory, technical and corporate standards and procedures, including SHE.
• Take responsibility for generating or reviewing and approving major maintenance recommendations.
• Continually review engineering operations, work systems, equipment and techniques and activities and generate improvement plans
• Take responsibility for the management of boundaries, easements and leases, in a mauler that ensures legal compliance and safeguards relationships with neighbors
• Take charge of and give guidance aid leadership to all specialist engineering services, including: power generation: project development and civil works. Lead,
• Assign tasks to engineers
• Gauge progress of various projects
• Communicate effectively with customers
• Collaborate with the sales team to create new products
• Propose budgets for various projects
• Create reports to give updates on projects
• Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, engineering.
• Post graduate degree preferably in Engineering or any related field will be an added advantage
• Minimum of ten years’ experience in the heavy manufacturing industry, of which six years would be at a managerial level.
• Exposure to electrical maintenance, mechanical maintenance and major projects essential.
• Sound man management, communication, interpersonal, leadership and planning skills.
Professional Bodies membership
Membership to Engineering board