The Mechanical engineer will develop, design, build, test, and inspect mechanical devices and systems, such as machines, tools, and engines.
Responsibilities for Mechanical Engineer
Plan, conceptualize, and create mechanical designs for new products
Develop testing processes, and perform testing and validation of new designs
Generate working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration
Perform engineering calculations to support design work
Create and review technical drawings, plans, and specifications using computer software
Collaborate with multi-disciplinary engineering teams, and work with vendors and contractors
Perform detailed documentation to track project development and design process
Ensure project timeline is met and project stays within budget
Qualifications for Mechanical Engineer
• Engineer degree specialized in mechanical or electrical engineering
• 7-10 years’ experience in maintenance, inspection, technology in technical centres, new works (running projects)
• Proven skills managing people (at least two years as head of an operational department)
• Experience developing/implementing preventive and predictive maintenance processes is highly desirable (i.e.: two years of experience as Methods engineer
• Good knowledge of products and manufacturing processes (experience as an engineer desirable)
• In-depth knowledge of maintenance management methods, of predictive inspection tools and of CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System, good knowledge of Maximo Template desirable)
• Knowledge of ADAP and good knowledge of problem-solving tools.
• Knowledge of general mechanical/electrical engineering and industrial automation,
• Knowledge of safety laws and regulations
• Experience in the development of quality management methods, for example ISO 9000 and TPM
• Computer literacy.