• Provide support to the shift based teams during operations.
• Assist shift based teams with situational problem solving.
• Coach the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
• Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties.
• Resolve factory breakdowns in a structured manner ensuring that recurrence is completely eliminated assist machine operators in machine inspection during cleaning (cleaning in place) while ensuring that lubrication is performed appropriately and as per lubrication schedule.
• Evaluates mechanical and electro mechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs; applying principles of mechanics, thermodynamics, hydraulics, heat transfer, and materials.
• Evaluate final product overall performance, reliability and safety.
• Alter and modify design to meet requirements and to eliminate malfunctions.
• Work with the maintenance team leader in ensuring that spare parts are documented and new ones ordered on need basis.
• Ability to maintain detailed, accurate records, and prepare necessary reports.
• Performs preventive maintenance procedures.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED ESSENTIALS
• Diploma in mechanical engineering.
• Basic machine trouble shooting skills
• Minimum of three years’ experience as a Technician in manufacturing Industry.
• Must be able to set up, operate, and perform preventative maintenance on machine
• Must have basic leadership skills required to give press assistant simple directions.
• General knowledge of health, safety and environmental regulations.
• Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with little direction.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.