The ideal candidate will be responsible for updating service and repair records, maintaining machinery, and running diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance. Must have a solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization.
• Working with the use of workshop equipment such as milling machines and lathes, Compressors, EOT cranes, Forklifts, Generators, Wire drawing Machines.
• Check equipment and operating systems and correct wherever necessary.
• Setting up and adjusting machine tools and equipment.
• Constructing and assembling mechanical systems.
• Liaising with machine suppliers in job execution, if required.
• Strictly adhering to all health and safety policies and procedures, including the use of the appropriate protective clothing.
• Carrying out the construction of structural components according to the plan on blueprints.
• Examining structural systems with attention to local and state building codes.
• Overseeing structural systems and ensuring that they are maintained regularly.
• Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
• Ensuring zero downtime of machines by following strict preventive maintenance schedules.
• Should be proficient at turning and lathe operation.
• Higher diploma in mechanical engineering.
• A minimum of five years' experience as a mechanical technician in a manufacturing plant.
• Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
• Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
• Great organizational and time management abilities.
• Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
• SAP knowledge is an added advantage.
Monthly Gross Salary: Ksh. 40,000 (Approx. 400 USD).
Position Level: Lower Mid-Level.
Location: Kilifi County, Kenya.
Deadline: 15th October 2021.
We endeavour to contact all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.