REPORTS TO: ENGINEERING ASSISTANT
Job Description, Duties and Responsibilities
Your job description, duties and responsibilities as the Mechanical Technician include but not limited to the following:-
a) Undertake planned maintenance, breakdown repair and condition monitoring activities or plant and equipment;
b) Allocating duties and supervising both machinery and fleet maintenance teams;
c) Diagnosing faults and ensure prompt response to repairs of the factory machinery, equipment and its fleet or vehicles;
d) Proactively identify and implement improves to operational machine and resources efficiencies whilst considering its impact on other departments. Promoting a continuous improvement culture within the department.
e) Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service.
f) Requisitioning and verifying or quality spares ordered both for machinery and fleet maintenance.
g) Responsible for mechanical workshop tools and tool boxes;
h) Responsible for individual performance measures i.e annual savings per engineer, open planned maintenance request.
i) Installation and commissioning of new machines.
j) Ensure prompt response to reported mechanical breakdowns and immediate approval for and requisition of required spare parts;
k) Assist in making of the periodical reports to the management on all the operations and activities of the mechanical section;
l) Any other duty as may be assigned by the Factory from time to time.
Personal Attributes, Behavior and Abilities
The employee must continuously demonstrate the following attributes, behaviors and abilities:-
• Commitment to the ideals of the Company, notably to its role in processing and marketing teas in international standards;
• Understanding of the Company’s organization structure and administration and manufacturing processes;
• Personal integrity, vibrant energy, flexibility, good judgment and creativity;
• High level of attention to detail in your job;
• Readiness to adopt an open and flexible working culture without constant supervision i.e. adherence to values of timekeeping, time management collegiality, mutual respect, etc.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hour;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and in particular the respect of other colleagues and customers;
• A good sense of humor and ability to work under minimum supervision
Key Performance Indicators
• Efficiency & Downtime.
• Maintenance Budgets and costs.
• Asset Lifecycle & Performance.
• Maintenance Response Time.
• Work Order Management