• Function : Lathe machine operator/Machinist Mech. Maintenance
• Country : Qatar
• Location : Mesaieed
• Manager: Supervisor – Mechanical Maintenance
Areas of responsibility
• Perform lathe machining operation/Milling / Grinding / drilling operations/ welding
• Perform fabrication machining of spare parts like; gears, shafts, spindle, screws, bolts, tips and dies etc.
• Knowledgeable in reading and interpreting work shop drawings and spare parts.
• Inform in advance to the Supervisor or Deputy Superviosr about any spares which is required to solve the machine problem.
• Assist the Utility Operators and guide them randomly
• Inspect the utilities on a regular basis and maintain the logbook for the same
• Inspect each and every machine for any abnormal sound, oil leakage, ari leakage etc and to inform Supervisor immediately
• Maintain the shift report on a daily basis
• Raise a memo for any spare parts to be issued from the store for the machine
• Make a logical approach Mechanically and Electrically to solve the problem in the machine and inform Supervisor accordingly if it is beyond their level.
• Write clear instruction for the next shift for any pending job in a logbook and record all the data wahtever is monitored.
• Report to Maintenance Deputy Supervisor Or Supervisor for the daily activities.
• Observe and implement safety as per company standard.
• Inspect, monitor and check equipment and ensure its conformity (availability and performance)
• Continuously monitor physical indicator to know the situation in his perimeter
• Regularly note signs of malfunctions or abnormalities
Required skills and qualifications
• Maintenance Planning and Monitoring
• Application of Standards
• Continuous Improvement
• Subcontracting and Outsourcing Management
• Deployment and monitoring of key indicators
• Leadership and management
• Customer Satisfaction
• 3-5 years of Lathe machine operation/Machinist/ Mechanical technician Field Experience , preferably from cable Industry.
• Diploma ITI / Mechanical Trade in Lathe operation / Machinist
Required Skills and Knowledge
• Must have expertise and proficiency with the basic office Computer software’s
• Must have ability to work effectively with CMMS
• Good Communication Skills (Written, Spoken)
• Basic Knowledge of the field devices like water level controller, proportional valve etc.
• Good troubleshooting and hands on experience for cable manufacturing machineries
• Ability to find out the root cause of the problem and ability to resolve it
• Good knowledge of Pneumatic and Hydraulic system
• Able to perform multi-tasking job Welding, lathe machining, basic knowledge in forklift maintenance, piping, building maintenance.
• Knowledge in interpretation of machine drawing and installation drawings.