POSITIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
Requirement for appointment:
1. Be a Kenyan citizen
2. Have a Bachelors’ Degree in medicine and surgery
3. Be registered by the Kenya Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
4. Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya
5. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized by Medical practitioner and Dentist Board;
6. Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution;
7. Registration license from the medical practitioner and Dentists Board;
8. Certificate in Computer Application skills from a recognized institution
9. Valid private practice and annual retention license from KMPDC
10. One-year post-internship experience
11. Valid certification in 1 life support course. i.e. ACLS, ATLS, BLS or PALS
12. Sound diagnostic skills and judgment
13. Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
14. Effective communication skills
15. Private practice experiences an added advantage
16. Critical care knowledge an added advantage
17. Demonstrate a good understanding of the county Government’s Mandate, health policies, Vision, Mission well as vision 2030
18. Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the national values and principles of the Public Service Governance as espoused in the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Article 10 and 232
19. Have capacity to multitask within strict timelines
20. Be proficient in computer skill
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Diagnosing, caring and treating diseases;
2. Performing medical and surgical procedures;
3. Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters;
4. Participating in management of medicine, medical instruments and equipment;
5. Providing health education;
6. Maintaining health records, health information and data;
7. Counselling patients and their relatives on diagnoses and bereavements;
8. Teaching and coaching medical students, nursing students and clinical officer-interns;
9. Initial management, stabilization and treatment of all patients.
10. Rotating in various wards and clinics as assigned.
11. Facilitating patient admission and discharge.
12. Ensuring patient referral to appropriate specialist.
13. Championing evidence-based practice, patient centered care, service excellence and continual improvement.
14. Maintaining patient confidentiality and working with professionalism.
15. Undertaking clinical procedures.
16. Participating in major disaster response in case of any.
17. Facilitating Continuous Medical Education sessions and research.
18. Any other duty that may be assigned from time to time
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLICANTS
I) Applicants MUST attach copies of CV's, academic and professional certificates.
II) Applicants MUST attach a valid Practicing License
III) Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
IV) Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
V) Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
VI) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VII) Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
VIII) Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the process.
Owing to the Prevailing current global and national situation, citizens are advised to apply online by filling an Online Application Form. Details of Job Description and specifications can be accessed in our website at: www.psbmombasa.go.ke
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through our official lines indicated on this advertisement.
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Keep on checking our website for Job opportunities
Stay safe #KomeshaCorona