REPUBLIC OF KENYA MIGORI COUNTY GOVERNMENT
OFFICE OF THE COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
4. Medical Officers JG CPSB 07 (5 POSTS) REF/MCPSB/255/2020
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
i. Undertaking general diagnosis, care, treatment and rehabilitation of patients;
ii. Performing medical and surgical procedures
iii. Preparing and responding to emergencies and disasters
iv. Providing psycho-social interventions;
v. Providing clinical services to patients;
vi. Training and mentoring Medical Interns and other students:
vii. Consulting and performing surgeries in various public health facilities;
viii. Carrying out forensic and medico-legal services;
ix. Coordinating disease surveillance, prevention and control;
x. Coordinating health education and promotion;
xi. Implementing health projects and programmes;
xii. Maintaining up-to-date health information systems;
xiii. Monitoring provision of health treatment and care;
xiv. Undertaking health research.
i. Be a Kenyan citizen;
ii. Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.Ch.B) degree from an institution
recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
iii. Successfully completed one (1) year internship from a recognized institution;
iv. Certificate of Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Council;
v. Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentist Council;
vi. Certificate in Computer proficiency skills from a recognized institution
HOW TO APPLY
1. All applications should be submitted in a sealed A4 envelope clearly marked on the top left side indicating the reference number for position applied for and addressed to:
Migori County Public Service Board
P.O Box 365- 40400, Suna
2. Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the offices of the Migori County Public Service Board located at Nyamome along Namba – Masara road adjacent to Nyamome SDA church.
3. All applications should reach the Secretary/CEO Migori County Public Service Board on or before Thursday 21st January, 2021 at 5:00pm.
4. Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and
professional certificates and testimonials.
5. For candidates to meet the requirements of chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010,
applicants must obtain the following clearance:
• Tax compliance certificate from KRA
• Clearance certificate from HELB
• Clearance certificate from Ethics and Anticorruption Commission (EACC)
• Certificate of good conduct from Criminal Investigation Department
• Women, People Living with Disabilities and Marginalized Groups are encouraged to apply,
• Only shortlisted and successful candidate will be contacted;
• Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Migori County Public Service Board is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.