3. Medical Specialist I (Psychiatrist) - JOB GROUP 'Q' (Re advertisement) VACANCY NO. CPSB 03/21 1 POST
Terms of Employment: 3 Year Renewable Contract.
Duties and responsibilities
i. Undertaking general diagnosis care treatment and rehabilitation of patients
ii. Carrying out specialized clinical care
iii. Providing psycho-social interventions
iv. Providing clinical services to patients
v. Training consulting and performing surgeries in various health facilities
vi. Coordinating disease surveillance, prevention and control
vii. Promoting health projects and programmes
viii. Maintaining up to date health information systems
ix. Monitoring provision of health treatment and care
x. Analyzing medical reports
Requirements for appointment
i. Bachelor of Medicine and bachelor of surgery (MBChB) degree from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentist Board.
ii. Have a master's degree in psychiatry from a recognized institution
iii. Certificate of registration by the medical practitioners and dentist’s board
iv. Valid practicing license from medical practitioners and dentist’s board
v. Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution; and
vi. Demonstrated professional competency and managerial capability as reflected in work performance and results
vii. Must satisfy the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution. Must have clearance from the following: -
• Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
• Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
• Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to apply.
All applicants are requested to download an application form and a detailed document containing requirements relevant to the positions advertised from Embu County website: -www.embu.go.ke
Candidates MUST attach photocopies of the following documents:
i. National Identity Card
ii. Academic, Professional Certificates and testimonials
iii. Any other relevant supporting documents.
All applications should be sent to the undersigned on or before 2nd March, 2021.
EMBU COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O BOX 2871- 60100,
1. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
2. The reference number of the position being applied MUST be indicated on the envelope and the Application
3. Embu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer hence does NOT charge any fee for recruitment.
4. Any candidate who directly or indirectly canvases shall lead to automatic disqualification.