POSITIONS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
1. Bachelor of medicine and surgery from a recognized institution.
2. Master degree or post graduate degree in any clinical field from a recognized institution.
3. Registered with Kenya medical practitioners and dentist board.
4. Demonstrated a high degree of administrative capability coupled with broad professional experience and competence.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Strong management skills
7. Functions effectively as part of a team.
8. Exhibit strong leadership qualities.
9. Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times.
10. Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. The medical superintend shall report to the chief executive officer (C.E.O) of the hospital and the duties and responsibilities of the office holder shall include;
2. Directing, supervising and evaluating the activities of medical, nursing, technical, administrative, maintenance, and other personnel.
3. Monitoring the use of diagnostic services, impatient and outpatient services, facilities, and staff to ensure use of resources.
4. Enhances efficiency in the standard of investigation, diagnosis treatment and management of the patients in the hospital.
5. Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
6. Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes and financing options.
7. Responsible for delivering the best quality of patient care.
8. Provides leadership while creating a positive and productive culture.
9. Setting and meeting standards for operational excellence.
10. Assisting in the preparation of manpower budget.
11. Liaising with other health welfare service providers, boards and funding bodies to coordinate the provision of services.
12. Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned by the chief executive officer of the hospital.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO ALL APPLICANTS
I) Applicants MUST attach copies of CV's, academic and professional certificates.
II) Applicants MUST attach a valid Practicing License
III) Current clearance certificates from CID, HELB, EACC and KRA
IV) Confirmation of Kenyan citizenship (National Identity Card).
V) Indicate sub-county and ward of residence.
VI) Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
VII) Canvassing directly or indirectly will result to disqualification.
VIII) Gender, ethnicity, disability and regional balance considerations will be applied in the process.
Owing to the Prevailing current global and national situation, citizens are advised to apply online by filling an Online Application Form. Details of Job Description and specifications can be accessed in our website at: www.psbmombasa.go.ke
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through our official lines indicated on this advertisement.
The Mombasa County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Keep on checking our website for Job opportunities
Stay safe #KomeshaCorona