No. of posts: 3,
Our client is a registered non-profit organization that provides training and business support services to farmers, pastoralists and agribusinesses in Kenya. They seek to appoint 3 new board members to help the board achieve their vision: “To enable millions of farmers to produce food sustainably and earn better incomes’’. S/he should will bring a range of skills and expertise to the Foundation and help the Foundation grow.
The Foundation focuses on developing and supporting initiatives that aim to improve the livelihoods of the bottom of the pyramid producers and consumers in Africa. Special emphasis is put on supporting vocational training and development of a skilled workforce for agriculture in Africa, as well as on programs in food production, renewable energy and water availability for people in semi-arid areas of Africa.
The Foundation believes that the modernization of agriculture and improvement in food security in Africa can be greatly enhanced by effective practical training, appropriate dissemination of knowledge and technology and the provision of business support services. The Foundation strives to increase agricultural productivity in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner and has the ambition to lead a process of mainstreaming formal vocational education and training in agriculture through its apprenticeship models
The essential criteria for becoming a Board Member include:
• Practical expertise in Technical and Vocational Training in Agriculture (ATVET) and agricultural extension;
• Practical experience in agri-business or farm management;
• Prior Governance experience;
• Be well integrated in ATVET and extension networks;
• Be well connected in the agriculture and development sectors (e.g. close contacts to donors or representatives of a donor agency);
• Be an active member in a well-established farmer association;
• Represents a private or a public sector institution that is actively involved in and supports the farming world.
• Female Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; and interested in serving as one of the Board members please send your CV and a Motivation letter only, quoting the job title on the email subject (Membership to Board of Directors-NGO) by Saturday 22nd August 2020.
NB: The motivation letter should explain why you would like to be considered for this position and how you can contribute to the growth of the Foundation
The Foundation will appoint two institutional members and one independent Board member.
The Foundation also wishes to ensure gender and ethnical diversity among its Board members and invites in particular women and representatives from different region to express their interest.
Prospective board members who best meet the requirements will be invited for a discussion with the existing board members in September 2020.
The Foundation also aims to elect new Board members at its Members’ Meeting in December 2020.