11. Mentor Mother - V.NO. KCPSB/MOH-FACES /11/12/2020
NO. OF POSITIONS: 3
Reports to the facility in charge.
Facilities include: Abero Medical Centre, Kibigori and Kisumu County Hospital
Terms of Employment: 8 month's Contract
Stipend: sh. 10, 500 per month
• Must have KCSE certificate
• Must be living positively with HIV and providing evidence of a CCC number in the facility of enrolment
• Must have passed through a PMTCT clinic within the last two years
• Must be ready to disclose
• Should be able to read and write in English
• Must be proficient in English, Kiswahili and the local dialect spoken in the health facilities catchment area.
• Poses a desire to work compassionately with pregnant and breast-feeding mothers in PMTCT
• Mentor mother training will be an added advantage
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide one-on one peer education and psychosocial support to PMTCT clients and couples.
• Co- facilitate support groups for PMTCT clients and couples
• Conduct defaulter tracing of priority PMTCT clients
• Facilitate group pre-test HIV education for pregnant women
• Co- facilitate group health talks in facility waiting areas on key messages on PMTCT and MNCH
• Refer PMTCT, MNCH and CCC clients for other services within the health facility and community-based services.
• Encourage partner involvement in MNCH services
• Assist in retrieval, arranging and keeping of files
• Updating registers and providing client adherence and retention date
HOW TO APPLY
The candidate should apply by downloading and filling application for employment form available on our website: www.kisumu.go.ke, fill and submit together with CERTIFIED copies of academic and professional Certificates to the undersigned on or before 24th January 2021 by 5.00 pm. Please indicate the vacancy reference number and the position applied for on the envelope.
i. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
ii. The Kisumu County Public Service Board is an equal opportunity employer, the minority, marginalized groups and Persons with Disabilities who meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
iii.The Board does not charge any fee for interviews or processing of applications. Report any person asking for money in exchange of appointment letter to the nearest Police station for action,
iv. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Board Secretary
Kisumu County Public Service Board
P. Box 7792 — 40100