The MEP Manager is responsible to successfully plan, manage, execute, complete and handover multiple MEP projects related to energy efficiency, energy performance contracts and retrofits for large hotel projects, high rise towers, and other commercial and residential facilities.
The key responsibilities include ensure timely completion of project within approved budgets on cost, resources without compromising on Quality & Safety using internal staff, as well as subcontractors and sub consultants.
Delivery of high-quality, turn-key energy efficiency and renewable energy projects both in office, and on site.
This position is responsible for the development, management and delivery of financed energy efficiency projects of unlimited scope and size.
• Plan, organize, and participate in implementing building upgrades as part of energy performance contracting projects
• Define project scope and perform project estimates
• Ensure project estimates are accurate and the project scope is executable within the budget
• Assist the sales team with sales strategies and presentations
• Prepare technical site visit and progress update reports
• Coordination and oversee contractor project execution
• Prepare project implementation schedules
• Communicate project, contractor and package updates to engineering team and management
• Plan and oversee startup, testing and commissioning functions
• Schedule and plan subcontractor site visits and data collection
• Review contractor BOQs and invoices for accuracy and completion
• Verify contractor completed works are in line with contract requirements
• Prepare project and installation cost estimates
• Create project commissioning plans and system specific templates and tests for subcontractor testing • Create project organization charts and contact lists
• Coordinate with clients on project documentation, health and safety requirements and subcontractor compliance
• Perform risk assessment and lock-out, tag-out requirements
• Review submitted consultant and contractor proposals and submissions
• Provide constant communication and project progress reports to clients and management team
• Oversee various project consultants, contractors and internal staff during design, specification, bid, installation and management phases
• Create project RFPs based on project requirements and float them for tender and bidding in the market
• Manage approvals, completion of work and payment of project consultants and contractors
• Make site visits to verify and confirm project equipment performance and operation
• Work directly with client, client staff, facilities management team and client appointed personnel to communicate, train and maintain new and existing energy equipment in the project.
• Research and identify industry and market best practices and techniques to implement into projects
• Identify latest technology, tools, processes and practices to help teams and clients deliver more efficiently
• Support growth and strength of the company culture and structure to ensure a happy, collaborative, open and enjoyable company
• Maintain organized project files and information for reporting to client, invoicing and company performance in company standards and format
• Attending regular meetings (on work progress, coordination, design, etc.) with Main Contractor and Consultant to discuss key issues related to the project and take effective corrective actions.
• Monitor project budgets and schedule and oversee performance to ensure on time, quality and on budget project execution
• Coordinate with the energy and engineering design team on all aspects of the design.
• Prepare periodic reports for management including status of budgets, variance/change claims, schedules, disputes, up-coming activities & safety records.
• Ensure all technical aspects of the projects are strictly complied with and in conformity with Conditions of Contract, Particular Specifications, General Specifications, Contract Drawings & BOQ.
• Provides guidance, managerial, technical support to complete project team.
• Prepare program master schedule and performs critical path analysis.
• Prepare plans and schedules, status reports and performance evaluation.
• Provide program planning capabilities including interfaces and risks analysis.
• Establish and monitor program and project controls KPI's.
• Ensure program policies and procedures are implemented accordingly.
• Bachelors Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Energy or Construction Engineering.
• Project Management certification or ability to obtain within one year of being hired.
• Energy Professional certification preferred - Certified Energy Manager preferred
• 3-7 years’ experience in Energy or MEP Construction engineering position
• Expert skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
• Microsoft Project or Primavera Talent and Skills
• A highly self-motivated, ambitious individual
• A person with a high sense of urgency and a pro-active approach to problem solving
• High energy and action oriented with professional presence
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to travel when needed to project sites (50% +)
• Knowledge of building systems, energy technologies, green building and high performance design
• Understanding of marketing strategy and market analysis techniques is a strong plus
• Team-oriented, hands-on, highly skilled, adaptive, and client-focused
• Knowledge of MEP construction and subcontracting (electrical and controls preferred)