Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Attend patients during postpartum period in health center and provides instructions in care of self and infant.
2. Screening and treatment for Sexually Transmitted Infections.
3. Understand screening for HIV and prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV with antiretroviral therapy.
4. Teach women and families about danger signs in pregnancy, labour and delivery, postpartum and the newborn.
5. Help women and families make birth plans & Promote child spacing.
6. Promote access to and use of skilled attendants for delivery care
7. Monitor foetal condition during labour by listening to the foetal heart rate and by observing the colour of the amniotic fluid, and act when there is a problem.
8. Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient's charts or cards.
9. Maintain record of cases for inclusion in patients' files.
10. Provide medical care and treatment to obstetrical patients under supervision of the medical doctor, delivers babies and instructs patients in prenatal and postnatal health practices
11. Participate in and provides training to other staff.
12. Arrange and submit weekly work schedule and plan daily duties and responsibilities in collaboration with other nurses and medical officer in charge
13. To carry-out any other duties and/or responsibilities assigned by her immediate supervisor.
• Qualified Midwife; Diploma in Midwifery / BSc. In Midwifery
Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 3 years experience in working in health programs in hardship areas
• Ability to work with multicultural team
• Flexible and ability to work additional hours to ensure that the required results are delivered
• High reliability, objectivity and honesty
• Computer literate