Reports to: The Head of Programmes
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor development and implementation of programme activities included in annual work plan with focus on results, impacts and lesson learning.
• Promote results-based approach to M&E, emphasizing on results and impacts.
• Follow up on monthly reports from staff on programme progress against work plan and provide feedback highlighting areas of concern and progress and ensure their timely submission.
• Facilitate, design, and implement M& E tools.
• Undertake and facilitate the implementation of M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
• Identify problems with the M&E system and modify the system, as necessary.
• Ensure that staff are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions.
• Create a knowledge management strategy and framework.
• Organize and provide refresher training in M&E for staff.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time-to-time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Project Management or Statistics.
• At least THREE 3 years’ experience in monitoring & evaluation, project management, networking, donor relations and developing/writing project proposals.
• Experience with Monitoring & Evaluation systems in NGO context.
• Experience in proposal writing and resource mobilization strategies.
• Proficiency in statistical computer packages e.g. SPSS, STATA, EPI-INFO etc