IREX seeks qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor candidates to support the premiere Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI).
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
**Citizens of Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, and South Africa or permanent residents authorized to work in these countries will only be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Advisor candidates to support the premiere Young African Leaders Initiative (YALI). This project will empower and connect young African leaders as they spur inclusive economic growth and prosperity, strengthen democratic governance, and enhance peace and security across sub-Saharan Africa. The MEL Advisor will be based in an African country and will develop and implement the program’s Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approach, MERL system, and learning agenda.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure that the program’s CLA approach is applied with consistency and rigor; work with leadership team to apply program learnings to adapt implementation to maximize results.
- Develop and lead a culture of learning across the program, engaging youth, staff, partners, and stakeholders in learning and adaptation.
- Develop and implement a monitoring, evaluation, reporting, and learning plan across all program components including the development of a results framework; identification of process, output, and outcome indicators; and a robust mixed methodology to regularly collect and analyze program data from a wide range of sources.
- Work with partners to develop MEL approaches and tools and ensure application of high-quality MEL activities and data collection; oversee partner capacity building.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Produce MEL reports for the Chief of Party, donors, and other key stakeholders to inform adaptive data-informed program management and sharing of lessons learned.
- Develop annual performance plans and annual MEL plans.
- Supervise a team of MEL staff located in the field.
- International travel will be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Kenyan, Ghanaian, Senegalese, or South African country citizenship or residency with work authorization in these countries is required.
- A graduate degree in a relevant field, such as education, international development, non-profit management, with focus on evaluation methodologies and at least five (5) years of experience (or a bachelor’s degree with seven (7) years of experience) in designing and implementing M&E and learning systems on complex USAID-funded initiatives—preferably focused on youth leadership development; youth leadership training and professional development; network development; alumni engagement; and diverse partner engagement.
- Demonstrated experience in measuring impact using innovative digital tools.
- Experience in survey and research tool design, data collection, statistical analysis, qualitative research, data quality assessments, and dissemination of results.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience using M&E systems to support a learning agenda and evolve a theory of change to maximize impact.
- Demonstrated commitment to creating a learning environment in a program.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating program MERL systems from start-up to closeout required.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing MEL and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to MEL field officers.
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required.
- Experience implementing a multi-country or regional MEL system highly preferred.
How to apply
Please follow this link https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oe1FkfwY&s=ReliefWeb to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.
Get Insured through mTek Services
You can explore medical and personal accident insurance covers conveniently. Compare pricing from various insurance companies, save, and budgetGet Insured