ABOUT ONE ACRE FUND
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund supplies 1 million smallholder farmers with the agricultural services they need to make their farms vastly more productive. Our 7,000+ team is drawn from diverse backgrounds and professions. With operations across six core countries in Africa, we make farmers more prosperous by providing quality farm supplies on credit, delivered within walking distance of farmers’ homes, and agricultural training to improve harvests. On average, our farmers harvest 50 percent more food after working with One Acre Fund.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) or field research professional to join our team as an MEL Associate in Kakamega, Kenya. As the MEL Associate, you will coordinate all MEL activities for the Kenya program team, use data to improve our operations, and inform long-term strategy in partnership with leadership.
You will report to the Regional MEL Lead.
- Project manage all MEL activities, with a focus on Data Quality Management (DQM)
- Design studies, based on the topics of interests
- Develop survey instruments, including field testing and subsequent revision.
- Analyze data and work with the field teams to ensure MEL results and recommendations are understood and acted upon.
- Manage the Program MEL team including a MEL Specialist, Field Coordinator, and Data Coordinator. You will:
- Provide oversight of your Direct Reports, as they manage a team of about 80 full-time Enumerators
- Mentor staff through field visits, meetings, training programs, and career reviews.
- Roll-out improvement projects that aim to improve the data collection process
- Oversee the hiring and development of MEL staff.
- Shape organizational strategy based on MEL results, in collaboration with leadership and the program team.
CAREER GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have the following qualifications.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in monitoring and evaluation, program management, designing and conducting program evaluation using quantitative methods
- 2+ years of managing a team successfully
- Experience designing tools and strategies for data collection and management
- Experience in data analysis with statistical software (Stata, R) and production of reports
- Experience building staff capacity.
- Strong training and facilitation skills
- Masters degrees in Public Policy, International Development, Statistics, Economics, or a related field of study preferred.
- Language: English is required. Kiswahili would be useful.
PREFERRED START DATE
Due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, start dates can vary significantly by role. We are adapting rapidly to Covid-19 and most of our team is now working remotely. Given the changing environment, we will appreciate your flexibility in confirming a start date.
Health insurance, housing, and comprehensive benefits
SPONSOR INTERNATIONAL CANDIDATES
No; Must have existing rights to work in Kenya.
We hire on a rolling basis which means that applications are reviewed and processed on a continuous basis until a hire is made.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.