Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Sector: Monitoring & Evaluation
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Hagadera, Kenya
The position will be based in Hagadera field site and will work closely with the field teams to improve program quality through improved monitoring and evaluation systems and processes.
Under the supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation officer, the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant shall be responsible for collection, summarizing, compiling and dissemination, storing and timely reporting of all forms of data generated from the activities of coordinated health, WPE and Nutrition programs with a key focus on generation and submission of timely qualitative and quantitative reports.
- Monitoring and evaluation of Integrated health, Nutrition, WPE and protection programs to ensure all activities are carried out and challenges addressed on time for overall project goal realization.
- Coordinate and facilitating routine data quality assessments to find and bridge gaps that lead to inaccuracy in reports.
- Prioritize and facilitate quarterly data review meetings to supervise program progress against the project indicators.
- Apply appropriate statistical analysis tools and methods for routine and ad-hoc analysis of cross-sectional as well longitudinal data.
- Generate regular reports used by the program staffs for Monitoring & Evaluation purposes.
- Work with the M&E and program staff to develop and provide the required data collection tools and computer-based data management & reporting system.
- Continuous and frequent close monitoring / supervision of all levels of data collection from entry, filling, compiling, summarizing and giving feedback to the M&E officer.
- Supervise use of iRHIS and Synchronize data capture with servers.
- Regularly update data after cleaning.
- Participate actively in the implementation of Quality Assurance (QA), Quality Control (QC) and Quality Improvement (QI) measures for coordinated health, nutrition and WPE program interventions.
- Capacity building program field staff on monitoring and evaluation techniques.
- Conduct field supervising visits and document findings and share lessons.
- Work with partners, staff to ensure that data is collected and entered into databases and/or tracking sheets, and/or the data platform on a regular basis.
- Data management of VCT & PMTCT data, Pepfar reports, TB data, Nutrition reports, GBVIMS, Knowledge and attitude surveys and Disease surveillance.
- Bachelor’s degree (Health information management, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, or related subject area) or diploma in the relevant fields with at least 3 years of field experience.
- Excellent database, data management and data analysis skills, with experience using at least 2 software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Epi-Info, SPSS, STATA.
- Experience with electronic/mobile data collection.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and qualitative research skills and M&E skills.
- Problem-solving, decision-making, leadership and good judgment skills.
- Please make sure to include copy of Certificate of Good Conduct in your application.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must conform to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and implements policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other encouraging benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
Please take note that International Rescue Committee (IRC) does not ask for any fees in connection with its recruitment processes.