The M&E Consultant will support the development of Waayeel Consulting Ltd’s rapidly growing international M&E portfolio, working on free standing M&E related activities and collaboratively across the business to further develop the M&E portfolio with a wide range of clients in all the firm’s main areas of business. This will involve identifying opportunities, developing proposals, providing consultancy services and project management. Waayeel Consulting Ltd is involved in a wide range of M&E activities: design and delivery of M&E frameworks (theory of change, log frame, indicators, monitoring plans, data collection/analysis) and standalone programme evaluations (theory based, quasi experimental and mixed methods approaches). We are seeking strong M&E credentials in a range of technical areas, with an immediate requirement for those involved or with an interest in development projects, Humanitarian projects, governmental projects, livelihoods, and SMEs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with colleagues in the team to help develop and deliver Waayeel Consulting Ltd’s monitoring and evaluation strategy, which is an important component of the Business Strategy Plans for the research and development unit.
- Work closely with technical and managerial leads from across the business to develop our integrated M&E capability.
- Deliver technical inputs on a wide range of assignments as required; these may be home based or overseas. The candidate should, therefore, be prepared to travel for periods typically of between two and six weeks.
- Manage projects and lead relevant tasks within a project, including supervising the work of others; ensure projects and programs are delivered to the high standards expected by Waayeel Consulting Ltd and our clients;
- Lead and contribute to the preparation of high-quality expressions of interests and proposals;
- Contribute to the team’s records of experience and M&E materials;
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Project management, including financial and technical reporting.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline;
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the M&E sector (with preference to the international development arena);
- At least 4 years of experience in designing, implementing and quality assuring quantitative/qualitative monitoring and evaluation activities in a developing country context;
- Experience in writing successful proposals (including technical components) for multi- and bi-lateral clients, such as DFID, World Bank, EU and USAID;
- Passion for international development
- Excellent work ethic;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Must be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours.