2. FIDA/KM/05/2021: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer - (1 Position)
Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the M&E Officer will be responsible for designing and overseeing all monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities, including ensuring full compliance with donor requirements, lead the program team in defining outcome indicators, developing data collection tools and methodologies, and conduct program assessments and evaluation activities. The post holder will ensure the M&E component is well integrated at the program's planning stages and regularly monitor project activities to ensure the desired impact.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Facilitate, design, and conduct data collection and monitoring exercises on a regular basis to support the monitoring, evaluation and reporting of FIDA-Kenya programs using primary or secondary data sources, including undertaking regular field visits.
• Undertake and facilitate the implementation of the M&E plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
• Coordinate and ensure the quality of baseline, mid-term, and end-term surveys for all projects.
• Develop data quality assurance processes to ensure validity, timeliness, proper analysis and reporting of all data collected through FIDA-Kenya's GBV toll-free line.
• Develop and keep track of a FIDA-Kenya clients database to ensure proper documentation of the long-term results of FIDA-Kenya's program interventions.
• Ensure the programme's planning tools, including work plans and log frames, are accurate during proposal development.
• Promote a results-based approach to M&E, emphasizing results and impacts.
• Lead, prepare and support the programme team in producing consolidated quarterly and annual progress reports in accordance with approved deadlines and reporting formats.
• Monitor development and implementation of program activities included in the annual work plan, focusing on results, impacts, documenting success stories and lesson learning.
• Conduct regular monitoring & evaluations of FIDA-Kenya's implementing partners, including Community Based Organizations CBOs), paralegals and service providers' performance and delivery.
• Identify best practices and develop case studies to capture and promote qualitative results of FIDA-Kenya programs.
• Ensure timely submission of quality internal and external narrative reports.
• Identify problems with the M&E system and modify the system as necessary.
• Ensure that staff are receiving adequate support to be able to implement their M&E functions.
• Create a knowledge management strategy and framework.
• Organize and provide refresher training in M&E for staff.
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
• Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Information Sciences, Project Management, Research, Statistics or related disciplines. Master's degree will be an added advantage.
• Must have a minimum of FIVE years of experience in a monitoring and evaluation role, preferably in the NGO sector.
• Demonstrable experience using various quantitative methodologies for data analysis, including analyses using statistical tools such as Ms. Excel, Google Sheets, SPSS, or STAT.
• Experience in conducting program evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation, and successfully drafting M&E technical reports.
• Proven experience in performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
• Ability to frequently travel across the country for data collection and monitoring exercises.