- Inspecting, diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electrical and other defects on vehicles.
- Checking and reviewing maintenance file before commencing any work on the motor vehicles.
- Ensuring maintenance and repairs of motor vehicles are done as per set quality standards and specifications
- Ensuring timely implementation of preventive maintenance schedules.
- Ensuring vehicles are regularly serviced as per the schedule and attending to minor breakdown of motor vehicle as the vehicle is booked for scheduled maintenance as per the maintenance register.
- Conducting trouble shooting of motor vehicle and its equipment’s.
- Receiving and handing over of vehicles before and after maintenance and repairs are done; thus undertake the necessary in and out check list and provide feedback to the Car Hire Department
- Instructing the stores department of the best fit for the spare part to enable purchase of good quality part(s) required for repairs.
- Attending to emergency breakdown outside when and required.
- Ensuring safe custody of spares, tools and equipment assigned.
- Carrying out inspection and repairs of motor vehicles.
- Keep logs of work and report on issues solved and if any pending, inform accordingly
- Performing any other duty as may be assigned from time to time
- Must have attained Grade 2 test
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Driving License.
- Five (5) years’ experience in a busy organization.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication skills
- Be a team player
- Be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in vehicle electricals will be an added advantage.