REPUBLIC OF KENYA
COUNTY GOVERNMENT OF BOMET
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
ADVERTISEMENT OF VACANCIES
A. The Office of The Governor through the County Public Service Board wishes to fill the vacancy of the County Attorney.
B. The County Government of Bomet through the Public Service Board wishes to fill the positions of Chief Officer – Youth and Sports and Municipal Manager, Director Revenue, Principal Valuer and Senior Support Staff.
3. Municipal Manager – ONE POST (1) – CPSB 03
Terms of Service: Five (5) Year Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
The Municipal Manager shall perform the following functions:
• Shall be the Board Secretary and an ex-officio member to the Board;
• Exercise supervision over all departments and agencies of the Municipality and coordinate its activities
• Implement the decisions and functions of the Board and shall be answerable to the Board as per Urban Areas and Cities Act,2011 Section 20 and 21
• Manage Administration in accordance with the Urban and Cities Areas Act, 2011 and applicable legislations.
• Prepare and present for approval to the Board of the Municipality, an annual estimate of revenue and expenditure.
• Be principally responsible for building and maintaining a strong alliance and effective working relationships between the Board and the civil society, private sector and community based organizations;
• Prepare and submit to the Board an annual report on the activities and accomplishments of the departments and agencies comprising the executive branch of the Municipality.
• Enforce the provisions of the Charter, Municipal By-laws, and all applicable laws; and other Municipality decisions;
• Prepare and administer the annual Municipality budget;
• Administer Municipality utilities and property;
• Encourage and support regional and intergovernmental cooperation;
• Promote cooperation among the Board of the Municipality, staff and citizens in developing Municipality policies and building a sense of community;
• Exercise such other powers as may be prescribed by the Charter, by-laws and applicable laws.
• Any other duties as directed by the Board
Requirements for Appointment
• Be a Kenyan citizen.
• Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Management, Public Administration, Business Management or any other relevant Degree from a university recognized in Kenya
• Be a certified public secretary of good professional standing;
• Possession of a relevant Master’s Degree would be an added advantage
• Must have at least Ten (10) years of experience, Four (4) of which must have been in a senior management level in reputable organization;
• Must be computer literate;
• Understanding national goals, policies and development objectives of vision 2030;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; Demonstrate a thorough understanding of socio-economic dynamics in Bomet County
• Be a strategic thinker and result oriented with wide knowledge in Urban Development Policies and Financial Management
• Good knowledge and interpretation of key and related Urban Areas and Cities Legislations and Policies, Knowledge of Municipal Operations and Delegation of Powers
• Satisfy the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution on Leadership and integrity
1. Job descriptions and specifications can be found on the County Government website www.bomet.go.ke or Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net
2. Applications can only be submitted online on or before 23rd April, 2021 through Bomet County Public Service Board recruitment portal, www.cpsbbomet.net Or from a link in Bomet County website, www.bomet.go.ke Manual applications will not be accepted.
3. Documents for purposes of complying with Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, will be required from those who will be shortlisted.
4. Only shortlisted and successful applicants will be contacted.
• Salary and benefits: As per the guidelines provided by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission
‘The County Government of Bomet is an equal opportunity employer; women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’.
Public Service Board
P.O. Box 605-20400