The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, are results oriented and committed to continual improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice.
NB: THE NAIROBI HOSPITAL DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
CAREER OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE;
NEPHROLOGY NURSES, REF: TNH/HRD/KRNEPH//02/2021
Reporting to the Charge Nurse – Renal Unit, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following roles amongst others: –
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To utilize the standards and procedures of nursing care to continuously improve the quality of nursing and exceed the patients’ expectations and participate in audits within their departments.
- To be a role model of the nursing profession and exercise professionalism at all times while being an effective clinical leadership resource.
- To communicate with other professionals and all relevant parties in order to advocate effectively for the patients.
- To provide guidance, supervise and mentor staff and trainees to ensure all patients are treated with dignity, privacy and respect and that the patients are encouraged to be involved in decision making related to their care.
- Checking and recording patients’ vitals before, during, and after dialysis treatment.
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notifying the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Working with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teaching patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educating patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- To protect all confidential information concerning the hospital, patients and to make disclosure only with patient and Chief Executive Officer’s permission.
- To investigate patients’ complaints promptly in accordance with the hospital procedure and inform nursing administration immediately within the same shift.
- To be knowledgeable of the equipment in the department and to safe guard hospital/patient property and equipment from damage, wastage or loss.
- To ensure accurate documentation, proper record keeping and storage for continuity, quality and legal reference.
- To utilize available resources effectively to ensure quality service delivery, profitability, cost containment while closely adhering to the budget.
- To promote good interpersonal relationship amongst the nursing team, patients and other disciplines.
- Take charge of the ward in the absence of the person with continuing responsibilities.
- Required to be observant of the patient’s needs and requirements and assist where appropriate in providing care to meet those needs which is within the total care plan of the patient.
- Supervise and assess, plan and implement agreed individual care plans and evaluate the effectiveness of care given.
- Assist medical staff in the overall care of the patient and to ensure the prescribed treatment is given.
- Maintain personal contact with patients ensuring that they understand their treatment and that their needs are met as far as possible.
- To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Charge Nurse from time to time
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma of an accredited School of Nursing KRN/KRM/KRCHN/BSN
- Minimum of 3 years post clinical nursing.
- Certification through the Nephrology Nursing Certification Commission (NNCC) is an added advantage.
- Proven experience working as a Dialysis Nurse.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
- Experience in a level 5 or 6 Hospital or a mission Hospital
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and observation skills.
- The ability to operate dialysis machines.
- The ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
- Patient and compassionate.
- BLS certified.
- Research Methodology
- Performance Management
- Counselling Skills
NB: If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned on: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday, 26th February, 2021. Your CV/Resume MUST include full names and contact details of 3 referees.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100