• Assist in network design and implementation.
• Provide network support with a variety of operating systems.
• Install and configure computer network equipment.
• Maintain network connectivity of all computer workstations.
• Provide network and end user support to users.
• Maintain servers and associated hardware, applications, services, and settings.
• Develop and monitor policies for the use of network resources.
• Implement and manage disaster recovery and back-up.
• Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
• Monitor network to ensure optimal performance.
• Create and maintain network users/permissions.
• Test release of products to minimize user impact and ensure compatibility.
• Create technical support documentation for systems and applications.
Network Administrator Qualifications/Skills:
• Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
• Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
• Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of computing infrastructures
• Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem solving ability
• Proficiency with scripting languages
• Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• 2+ years experience in a network administration role
• Previous experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, and 2016 preferred
• Previous experience with Cisco switches and routers preferred
• MCSE certification a plus
• CISSP, CCNA, or CCNP certification a plus