Network Engineer Responsibilities:
• Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
• Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
• Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning and implementing network security measures.
• Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
• Replacing faulty network hardware components when required.
• Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications.
• Monitoring network performance to determine if adjustments need to be made.
• Conferring with network users about solving existing system problems.
• Operating master consoles to monitor the performance of networks and computer systems.
• Coordinating computer network access and use.
• Designing, configuring and testing networking software, computer hardware, and operating system software.
Network Engineer Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in Information Technology related field of study with a network engineering focus.
• Strong understanding of network infrastructure and network hardware.
• Ability to think through problems and visualize solutions.
• Ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices, including wireless access points, firewall, routers, switches, controllers.
• Knowledge of application transport and network infrastructure protocols.
• Ability to create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
• Provides specific detailed information for hardware and software selection.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technology and products using documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff within and outside of IT and outside the organization.
• A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Dependable and flexible when necessary.
• Network security experience.
• LAN and WAN experience.