The Nurse Case Manager will assess, plan, implement, coordinate, monitor and evaluate options and services to meet an individual’s health needs. Assistance may include such activities as providing clinical information regarding medical conditions or treatments, identifying providers and coordinating complex care plans. The Nurse Case Manager will promote quality cost-effective outcomes managing care needs through education and health advocacy to members serviced. The Nurse Case manager is able to work independently and effectively communicate to internal and external customers by telephone, email or face to face with customers.
Major responsibilities and desired results:
Uses clinical knowledge to assess diagnosis and treatment plans and goals, and identifies gaps in care or risks for readmission or complications.
• Will work across IO, GEH and GIH segments
• Manages/coordinates an active volume of cases by providing information, navigation and coordination to customers worldwide.
• Works with a multicultural population and is constantly aware of the cultural differences among that population.
• Establishes patient centric goals and interventions to meet the member’s needs
• Interfaces with the member, family members/caregivers, and the healthcare team, as well as internal matrix partners.
• Balances business needs with patient advocacy
• Assesses member’s health status and treatment plan and identifies any gaps or barriers to healthcare.
• Visit providers to manage and coordinate care for customers by reviewing medical and claim information, ensure compliance with approved services and fees and discuss cases with hospital staff and physicians.
• Establishes a documented patient centric case management plan involving all appropriate parties (client, physician, providers, employers, etc), identifies anticipated case results/outcomes, criteria for case closure, and promotes communication within all parties involved.
• Work with Company physicians to evaluate complex cases and receive appropriate clinical expertise on diagnosis and treatment plans
• Responsible for delivering to customers clinical programs including case management, chronic condition management, lifestyle coaching, pre assignment assessment and any other program delivered by global clinical operations.
• Coordinate care with other nurses from other regions around the world when a need for local or regional expertise is important for better care or to comply with regulations
• Maintains accurate workflow and process documents
• Adheres to professional practice within scope of licensure and certification quality assurance standards and all case management policy and procedures
• Participates in unit and corporate training initiatives and demonstrates evidence of continuing education to maintain clinical expertise and certification as appropriate.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to culturally diverse situations, clients and customers.
• Serve as clinical liaison to Clients
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor in Nursing, 3-5 years of clinical experience ideally, in international clinical management
• Must be a Registered Nurse - with recent experience in clinical setting (Insurance experience is preferred but not a requirement)
• Motivated to move into Office setting from Clinical setting
• Demonstrated organizational and leadership skills
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to act as an “advocate” for the customer while complying with internal policies and procedures and contractual/legal compliance requirements
• Ability to operate personal computer, proficient with Microsoft office products, call center software, and a variety of software.
• Ability to build solid working relationships with staff, matrix partners, customers and providers
• English and French: read, write and speak fluently
• Arabic or any other language a plus
• A challenging job in an international and growing enterprise.
• A dynamic, and entrepreneurial company culture that values and stimulates initiative.
• Competitive Salary gross with extralegal benefits and international medical cover.
• Flexible working hours