5. NURSES (CRITICAL CARE), JOB GROUP CPSB 08 – 15 POSTS
Job Ref: KCPSB/N/CC/05/16/09/21
Terms of Service: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensuring patient care, including medications, orders and treatment.
• Assisting the physicians in performing special procedures.
• Monitoring closely cardiac and physical status of patients under the direction and guidance of the Head Nurse.
• Assisting in emergency nursing procedures necessary for prompt control of changes in patient(s) physical conditions.
• Ability to perform the techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, accurately and effectively.
• Keeping abreast of changing techniques in critical care nursing and maintaining high level of expertise.
• Maintaining accurate medical records.
• Recognizing complications in the intensive care patients and operating technological equipment.
• Ensuring economic use of equipment and supplies.
• Counseling patients and family and refer as appropriate / plan and participate in the rehabilitation process.
• Any other duties assigned.
Requirements for appointment:
• Must be a Registered Nurse and Registered mid-wife / registered Community Health Nurse.
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing is an added advantage.
• Minimum two (2) years in intensive care nursing.
• Proficiency in computer applications.
• Good Communication and Interpersonal skills. Mandatory Skills:
• Registered Intensive Care Nurse.
• Well oriented on hospital structures and operations.
• Nursing process and professional Ethics.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed
• Curriculum Vitae,
• Academic and Professional certificates,
• PIN Certificate,
• National Identity Card or Passport and
• Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 - 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
• Kenya Revenue Authority
• Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
• Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
• Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
• Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before Tuesday, 28th September 2021
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.
The Kirinyaga County Government is an equal opportunity employer.