KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Supervising and ensuring delivery of a professional and high standard of nursing care within the hospital while leading a team of nurses and patient attendants in delivering individual and team targets.
2. Ensuring all planned departmental activities are geared towards meeting growth and quality objectives.
3. Monitor and ensure clients satisfaction and proactively manage their complaints as they arise.
4. Evaluate and ensure that nursing care plans are scientific, evidence based and address the priority needs of the patients.
5. Oversee the maintenance of the inventory of all assets in the both inpatient and outpatient areas.
6. Review and approve monthly work schedules (ROTA) to ensure compliance with policy and adequate shift planning and ROTA management for nursing and nursing support staff in the unit has adequate cover at all times.
7. Actively engage with doctors and other care providers to get feedback on the quality of nursing care in the units.
8. Monitor and ensure that documentation within the units meets the required quality standards.
9. Participate in formulation and ensure implementation of organizational and departmental policies and procedures (SOPs) and quality improvement plans in the section including infection prevention.
10. Identify systems and operational problems and trends for improvement and prepare statistical indicators, reports, findings, propose and implement solutions.
11. Providing leadership, ensuring employee development (including coaching and mentorship), employee engagement and performance management to deliver departmental objectives and goals.
12. Participate in the formulation and implementation of the departmental Balanced Score Card which are to be used to conduct weekly Performance Reviews for all Nursing staff.
13. Ensure effective communication between staff, patients and members of their families regarding plan of care of their patients.
14. Organize for and participate in monthly Mortality/Morbidity meetings with the concerned team.
15. Managing the Nursing budget within the agreed parameters by ensuring efficient resources utilization and taking charge of cost control.
16. Participate in business development and marketing activities and follow up on customer feedback.
17. Ensure safe and clean environment for staff patient/clients and visitors’ compliance with policies and protocols including health and safety and risk management and critical incident reporting.
Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor in line with the job description.
• Over 10 years working experience in the Nursing field and 5 years in the capacity of a Nursing Officer in Charge / Matron.
• The applicant should have sound knowledge of procedures and processes (SOPS) in Nursing and mentorship programs.
QUALIFICATIONS: ACADEMIC & PROFESSIONAL
• At least a diploma in KRCHN and a valid license from Nursing Council of Kenya.
• He / She must work together with the head of clinical services to ensure safe and effective clinical practice, Quality Nursing care to all patients, Exceptional customer service, Revenue growth and cost control, manage & develop the performance of the team and achieve hospital objectives.