The successful candidate will be responsible
care process with a systematic and logical approach used to identify and meet
each person’s nutrient and nutrition education needs. The ideal candidate Must
have prior experience in a similar role with 5 years in a managerial role.
- Providing nutrition education and counselling to patients.
- Writing effective intervention nutrition plans/ diet intervention.
- Developing communication of behavioural skills change kits.
- Promoting nutritional health related services in disease management.
- Conducting monitoring and evaluation of patients on a daily basis.
- Providing Nutrition Education to patients and caregivers.
- Preparation and supervision of therapeutic diets.
- Patient’s re-assessment and updating of the nutrition care plan.
- Advising the hospital cafeteria on appropriate menus for patients.
- Report writing and calculating parenteral/ enteral feeds.
- Skills training and developing on the role of nutrition to the cafeteria and nursing staff.
- Plan for HACCP systems of food or formula preparation that identify food safety hazards and critical control points during food service procedures.
- A relevant diploma, degree in nutrition.
- At least affiliation to Clinical nutrition one year working experience in a hospital setting.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with diverse responsibilities.
- Good Health, hygiene and safety management skills.
- Translation and interpretation skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Believe in teamwork.
Monthly Gross salary: Open depending on skills & experience.
Job Type: Permanent.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 30th September 2020.
We endeavor to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement***
****Please do not apply if you do not meet the requirements of the job****