JOB TITLE: OBS GYNAECOLOGIST
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To test, treat, diagnose, and monitor disorders and illnesses related to women’s health and their reproductive systems.
FIELD OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan for all obstetrics and gynaecology services and resources in the hospital and participate in and contribute to the overall strategic planning of the hospital.
- Coordinate and provide obstetrics and gynaecology services and service delivery in the obstetrics and gynaecology unit of the hospital ensuring that they meet the expected standards and compliance in the hospital.
- Counsel patients on safe sex practices and preventative medicine practices
- Monitor and treat patients during pregnancy and childbirth, including prenatal advising up to delivery and postnatal care, sometimes in collaboration with a midwife
- Order and analyze necessary tests, screenings, biopsies, scans, etc. to effectively diagnose a problem
- Consult with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians.
- Perform cesarean sections or other surgical procedures as needed to preserve patients’ health and deliver babies safely.
- Coordinate obstetrics and gynaecology referral services within and without the hospital according to the obstetrics and gynaecology needs in collaboration with other hospital sections and units and within the framework of the hospital and national referral policies.
- Supervise obstetrics and gynaecology staff to ensure that they offer timely obstetrics and gynaecology services within the expected standards, complying with the established ethics and regulations in the hospital
- Coordinate and provide obstetrics and gynaecology research and training within the hospital.
- Monitor and evaluate progress and achievement of the obstetrics and gynaecology unit and services, research and training programmers in the hospital, prepare and disseminate periodic reports appropriately.
- Offer specialized obstetrics and gynecological service advice to the Medical Superintendent and other sections/units and the general public in the appropriate media.
- Work with other medical specialists to solve single or multiple medical issue(s) or perform extensive surgery, when required.
- Any other job advised by Medical superintendent from time to time
JOB SPECIFICATION AND OTHER INFORMATION RELATED TO THE JOB
Level of Education/Academic Qualification
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery from a recognized institution.
Specialised Training/Professional Qualifications
- Master of Medicine in Obstetrics and Gynaecology from a recognized institution
Other Competencies/Abilities/Skills Required
- Knowledge in Medical services
- Administrative skills
- Leadership trait
- Self-motivated and quick to take initiative
Relevant Job Experience
Must have worked in a similar position for at least five years
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form from the NCCK website. Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to email@example.com indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received before close of business on 25 November 2020. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.