• Assist with planning and implementation of safety policies and procedures in compliance with the Occupational Safety and Health ACT (OSHA)
• Monitor and ensure all employees, contractors and visitors comply with safety guidelines including PPE.
• Consolidate a companywide H&S risk profile, identifying and ranking potential areas of weakness and communicate the same with concerned stakeholders for review.
• Ensure continuous improvement of Health and Safety standards in terms of the work environment for employees and clients.
• Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and other requirements including annual workplace registration, annual health and safety audits.
• Coordination of investigation of all accidents, near misses, dangerous occurrences, property damage or loss, first aid cases and medical treatment cases reported in all company facilities and the identification of corrective and/ or preventative action to prevent recurrence.
• Advise clients on safety compliance concerns and preventative measures.
• Performs safety surveys, inspections and audits, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been taken.
• Assist in processing of work injury benefits claims.
• Documenting the presence and use of first aid services and occupational health in the workplace.
• Carry out counselling services on basic occupational health issues and training on general Occupational Safety and Health.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Science, Health and Safety or related studies.
• Thorough knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act, The Work Injuries Benefit Act, Labour laws and subsidiary legislations.
• Minimum of 1 year working experience in the Occupational Health and Safety field.
• Detailed knowledge of OSHA and Clients safety
• Exhibit ability to think practically and creatively to implement the best safety
• Coursework and training in occupational safety requirements and OSHA guidelines is an added advantage.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and report writing skills
• Crisis management skills and high attention to details
• Good interpersonal skills