Position title: Office Assistant
Reports to: Admin. and Procurement Assistant, Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape
Career Level: Operational Support
Mission of the Department:
To ensure a high performing WWF Kenya Amboseli-Chyulu sub-landscape office with efficient and strong operational resources as key components of WWF’s business.
To provide full time administrative and operations support ensuring that the office is maintained in the highest hygienic state.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs cleaning functions as required, including washing, sweeping, dusting, vacuum-cleaning and polishing. Cleans surfaces, including floors, furniture, walls, doors, windows, carpets, etc. Empties and cleans waste-paper baskets;
- Keeps office rooms, workstations, kitchen, stores and other office spaces clean and hygienic;
- Maintains and ensures that all cleaning equipment are in good condition and utilized well;
- Preparing and serving tea to staff and visitors as required;
- Photocopy, scan and bind documents as requested by staff;
- Packs material received for dispatch, affixes labels, inserts material in envelopes and franks outgoing mail;
- Franking and recording of out-going mail and charging to respective projects accordingly.
Support the team as regards:
- Assist in the reception duties when requested;
- Ensure that all the main doors and windows (general areas) to the offices are duly locked securely after office hours. Alert the management of any incidences that pose a security risk to the office or staff.
- A minimum of a good pass in ‘O’ level (KCSE);
- Front Office/receptionist experience and knowledge of applications e.g. MS Office will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a multi cultural environment;
- Good physical outlook and a pleasant personality;
- Adaptable, flexible, able to take initiative and prioritize among competing demands
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English; and
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
Internal: Interacts with WWF-Kenya staff on a daily basis as well as staff of other relevant units within the WWF network in fulfilment of duties.
External: Interacts with partners, staff and visitors from other conservation organizations, community, private sector as well as from government agencies in fulfilment of duties.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
Please apply with your CV and cover letter as one file with the Job Title of Position Applied for on the subject line to the HR & Administration Manager, WWF- Kenya: firstname.lastname@example.org to be received not later than 15th May 2021. We will not accept applications without a CV and cover letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to having a diverse workforce.