Our client, an international NGO, is looking for an Office Manager to be based at their offices in Nairobi, Kenya. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the overall front office activities, including the reception area and for coordinating office operations and procedures ensuring organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. He/she will support the Senior Management Team with administrative tasks and will be required to work independently with minimal supervision with demonstrated comprehensive understanding of USRAP processing. Experience working for an NGO is preferred.
• Organize and ensure that overall front office activities are professional, effective and efficient.
• Provide overall administrative and logistical support to the Senior Management Team (SMT).
• Work with Logistics to ensure SMT travel is well coordinated and expense reports are submitted on time in compliance with the Finance Policies.
• Coordinate and assist in meeting and conference preparation and organization and maintain a meetings calendar.
• Oversee the coordination of meeting room bookings through Outlook calendar and ensure.
• Actively participate in the Safety and Security Committee (SSC).
• Serve as minutes’ keeper during SSC meetings.
• Partner with the HR Department to maintain and update office policies as necessary, provide staff training and assist with conducting job interviews as requested.
• Coordinate, support and liaise with other Africa offices and sub-offices regarding visits, reports, office policies and services.
• Serve as a focal point for the Resource Center by monitoring the check in and out of items and updating the Resource Center Database.
• Provide assistance to other administrative departments (Finance, General Services, and IT) as necessary.
• Oversee the development, implementation, dissemination and monitoring of office management standard operating procedures (SOPs).
• Ensure adherence to filing and archiving policies of all administrative documents.
• Coordinate staff leave requests for their direct reports and ensures the staff use their benefits appropriately.
• Coordinates staff events such as staff day, staff socials and staff training.
• Provide direct supervision, management and evaluation of staff performance under their supervision.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in a similar role, international organization is preferred.
• Outstanding verbal and written English language skills.
• Strong computer skills: Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint; and MS Word.
• Demonstrated institutional knowledge of USRAP processing.
• Good and reliable organizational skills.
• Creative and independent thinker who is also detail oriented.
• Manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities.
• Good Leadership skills.
Monthly gross salary: Negotiable depending on skills and experience.
Position Level: Upper Mid-Level.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya.
Deadline: 3rd July 2021.
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.
*** Summit Recruitment & Search, as a policy, does not charge any fee as a pre-employment or post-employment