Office Manager Job Summary
This person will manage employee records, organize files, answer calls, and provide support for the entire company. As administrative officer, the ideal candidate will be highly organized and able to handle financial records and expenses.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Monitoring and maintaining office equipment and inventory supplies; orders replacement supplies as needed
• Keep all Group’s projects on schedule by updating and managing delegated tasks and managing respective contracts
• Generate sales opportunities by identifying appropriate business targets
• Provide professional and excellent level of customer service with existing customers via follow-ups
• Maintain procedures manual to ensure consistent performance of routines
• Arrange call backs to clients
• Handle correspondences, letters and emails and forward them to the relevant persons (where necessary)
• Keep account recordings of petty cash vouchers, book filing and keeping
• Take minutes and meeting briefings
• Develop and implement strategic business interests with the Managing Director.
• Maintain all corporate databases.
• Track, document and report procurement approval documentation with the concerned departments.
• Prepare and control administration budget estimates and maintain expenses, inventory controls and make recommendations to the management.
• Recommend management actions to improve standard operating procedures
• Record all purchase requirements and purchase office materials, sample materials needed and approve supply orders.
• Varied experience with tendering, procedures, preparation and processes is a MUST.
1.1. Human Resources Roles
• Recruit, hire and manage leave entitlements of casual staff
• Supervision and overseeing the operations of the cleaning section by liaising with the supervisors and clients’ representives.
• Manage the staff, schedule and assign work
• Organizing and supervise trainings
• Evaluate the appraisals and supervise human resource issues
• Prepare job descriptions
• Maintain human resource policies and procedures and confidential personnel files as necessary
• Review supervised staff performance against their score card
• Co-ordinate and prepare key documents for the Managing Director and ensure that all relevant information is provided prior to appointments and meetings.
• Consolidate and submit office operational reports to Managing Director, extracted from the respective HOD’s weekly/monthly.
• Ensure that reports are reviewed by the Managing Director and that appropriate action is taken .
• Oversee the compilation, research and presentation of the monthly reports and interim results and checklists from clients by the supervisors
1. Minimum Academic Requirement
University degree in Business Administration or related field with a Sales and Marketing background
2. Other Specialist Training or Certifications
A certificate in Secretarial, Computer Training or any other relevant area.
6. Minimum Years of Relevant Experience
At least 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant or equivalent position in a busy environment preferably in the cleaning services industry
7. Skills and Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
• Good Interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills
• Team leader
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to work under pressure