Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Analysis of taxpayer objections, making recommendation on objections, communicating objection decisions, preparing and updating program reports.
Tasks and outputs:
- Review lodged objections for validity
- Collect information and documents from the taxpayer and the assessing department
- Review documents submitted to support the objection.
- Participate in consultative meetings with the assessing department and the taxpayers
- Preparation of submissions for review by supervisor and Presentation to the Objections Review Committee
- Implementation of the recommendations of the Objections Review Committee
- Any other duties as allocated by the Supervisor
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and/or exposure to taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- Must be knowledgeable and ready to learn
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum years of experience
- One (1) year work experience in a tax or dispute resolution environment in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong analytical and judgement skills
- A quick learner and ready to take instructions
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th March 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)