Tasks and Outputs:
- Perform chemical analyses and physical testing requiring the application of established procedures and analytical instrumentation.
- Select techniques and methods to suit the unique requirements of samples and ensure the accuracy and validity of results.
- Prepare samples, solutions, reagents and standards; care and check performance of laboratory equipment and apparatus; and collect samples for analysis.
- Adhere to quality assurance and safety procedures to ensure the validity of test results and safety of the work environment.
- Perform calculations, prepare reports and maintain records of test results; and give testimony regarding samples analysed, test methods and results.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent qualifications.
Minimum years of experience
- One year’s experience in laboratory testing
Competencies required for this Role:
- Ability to plan and schedule own work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Have computer operation and application skills.
- Good research skills.
- Good numeracy and data analytical skills.
- Attentive to detail/ good recording of data.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Work collaboratively with others.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of organic, inorganic, analytical and physical chemistry.
- Ability to learn and observe health and safety precautions; perceive colour; read laboratory instruments; and handle delicate instruments, glassware and laboratory equipment.
- Ability to follow oral and written directions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationship with others.
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)