The Operations Analyst will work in the Underwriting Department of ATI within the Portfolio Services team and will be reporting to the Senior Portfolio Services Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide necessary support to the Underwriting System (UWS) project team in day-to-day tasks including: drafting correspondences, collecting, compiling and distributing all data activities;
• Organize and co-ordinate meetings according to the UW project agenda, including logistics and taking minutes;
• Prepare and follow-up on correspondence, presentation, project documents and/or reports as required;
• Facilitate the documents issue process in the UWS;
• Act as an interface between the project stakeholders and the project manager;
• Coordinate the generation of reports from the UWS(in cooperation with the Senior ICT Specialist);
• Monitor and track project milestones for UWS improvement and ensure that requirements and deadlines are met;
• Carry out the user acceptance testing of the UWS;
• Monitor the quality and integrity of data input in the UWS by end users and ensure their accuracy;
• Principal point of contact with the developer of the UWS, follow up on errors, prepare specifications for improvements and further developments;
• Develop and update the end user manual for the UWS, training and coaching of the end users;
• Develop and implement workflows;
• Develop and implement template documents to be generated from the UWS;
• Develop and generate standard and ad hoc reports from the UWS;
• Co-ordinate all information gathering activities carried out by the assigned quality assurance team and ensure that they collect all the relevant information from the users that would allow them to draft adequate specifications for the Underwriting System;
• Co-ordinate all Underwriting System testing activities carried out by the assigned quality assurance team;
• Monitor the activities of the UWS development team and keep track of progress of the development of new functionalities and resolution of bugs;
• Follow up and co-ordinate on all project activities and ensure all project timelines are kept;
• Support the members of the portfolio management team as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk, Actuarial Science or any other relevant fields;
• A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a comparable responsibility;
• Smart worker, quick learner and ability to assume responsibility;
• Ability to work efficiently within team environments and as an individual contributor;
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills;
• Accuracy and attention to details;
• Ability to learn new software applications rapidly;
• Strength in analyzing, researching, organizing, and problem solving;
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint skills.
How to Apply:
Please submit an electronic copy of the following:
• Application Letter
• CV, plus details of your current remuneration package along with details of three referees
• Personal History Form accessed via the following link:https://www.ati-aca.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Personal-History-Form-Sept-2019.xls
Submit your application to email@example.com
The closing date for application is Tuesday, 20th April 2021 at Midnight East African Time.
The successful candidates must have suitable qualifications, experience and attributes as indicated under each job description. The roles requires excellent communications skills in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French and an ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, will be an added advantage.
ATI offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment commensurate with other multilaterals. ATI reserves the right to not make an appointment to the above vacancies, or to make an appointment at a slightly higher or lower grade, or to make an appointment with a modified job description. ATI will only contact those applicants who are being actively considered for an interview.