Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Ltd (OWSC) is a water and sanitation services provider registered under the Company’s Act Cap 486 of laws of Kenya and operated as an agent of Tanathi Water Services Board. Water services provision are devolved to County Governments under the promulgation of the Constitution 2010 and therefore the Company is wholly owned by County Government of Kajiado and regulated by Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB). OWSC is mandated to supply water in the. Jurisdiction of Kajiado North and West Sub Counties
To strengthen Key Human Resource capacity, we invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced candidates with excellent credentials to fill the following position:
4. OPERATIONS AND MAINTENANCE OFFICER
Reporting To: Technical Services Manager
Department: Technical Department
Job summary: Set standards of performance for the various operations in the Company
Job Grade 4
• Operations and Maintenance section of the company and monitor their achievement.
• Ensure review meetings and on the job training to motivate staff to perform in accordance with the standards of safety competence laid down by the company are carried out.
• Review the designs of minor water supply extensions.
• Supervise all staff in the Production and Distribution Section.
• Ensure all the assets and equipment are safeguarded.
• Carry out research on the latest technologies in water supply industry
• Ensure maintenance schedules for the section are in place.
• Review budget proposals and control costs and expenditure
• Ensure that quality water is produced and distributed to customers in the right quantity and on time.
• Ensure timely response to customer complaints.
• Supervise construction of new plants structures and/or repairs thereof and provide the necessary engineering expertise.
• Ensure the water dams and reservoirs are well kept and maintained.
• Ensure staff appraisals are done in a bid to develop staff to ensure that they have appropriate skills for the work.
• Set standards of performance for the various operations in the Water Treatment and Distribution section and monitor their achievement.
• Liaise with WRUA’s and other stakeholders in catchments conservation activities.
• Prepare periodic technical reports of the Section.
• Ensure sufficient and useful technical data and information is maintained in the section.
• Perform any another duty as may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For direct appointment to this grade a candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in (Civil/Water Engineering) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. Knowledge of:
• Must have excellent understanding of the Kenyan water sector reforms;
• Computer literacy a must, including use of relevant engineering software.
• Knowledge of GIS system will be an added advantage.
• Experience in management of technical projects
• Experience in management of technical staff
• Strong social and management skills
Written applications together with the required credentials should be send to:
The Human Resource and Admin Officer
Oloolaiser Water and Sewerage Company Limited
P. 0 BOX 333 - 00206, KISERIAN
Applications should reach the Company Offices located at Isalu Centre Ground Floor at Ongata Rongai along Magadi Road on or before 5th October, 2020 by end of business.
Details of the job descriptions and requirements for appointments are available at our company website: https://www.oloolaiserwatercompany.co.ke/vacancies.html