Report to: C.O.O,
• Review and coordination of mechanical engineering design submittals from contractors, as well as following up site supervision, design conflicts and variation orders for the client.
• Review technical submissions and design layouts as well as material submittals from contractors.
• Lead, by example, the team of Mechanical Engineers by delegating work according to project priorities, technical challenges and contractual milestones.
• Plan and maintain project budgets and schedule planning activities with team and managers.
• Attend and lead progress & technical meetings, discuss and suggest technical proposals.
• Take part in project and risk management reviews.
• Coordinate between the construction and contractors’ engineering teams ensuring that all requirements are conveyed clearly and delivered upon.
• Coordinate with quantity surveyors or payment appreciations and change orders.
• Assist the Technical Office Manager on Technical and Department issues.
• Review and approve the shop drawings, Material Submittals with respect to the project Specification and Standards of practice submitted by contractors.
• Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works.
• Review Contractor’s material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Technical Manager on the appropriateness of the proposals.
• Review Contractor’s proposed sub-contractor(s) associated with the mechanical engineering packages.
• Support review of subcontractors’ invoices, when required for technical assistance.
• Documenting project issues/conditions.
• Monitoring, coaching and developing Mechanical Engineering team members.
• Maintaining organized and detailed project records.
• Assures the contractor’s Design and Material Deliverables are as per project requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 12 years of experience in HVAC / Plumbing / Fire Fighting Services / Domain
• Professional Engineer license
• Knowledge on Contracting of all Mechanical Services will be an added advantage
• Experience with 3D Modeling programs such as AutoCAD
• Proven track record of leading teams
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Punctual and able to meet deadlines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Director – HVAC) on or before 14th July 2020.
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.