South Lake Medical Centre Ltd in Naivasha located along Moi South Lake road urgently needs to fill the position of an operations manager to run its Health posts project within Nakuru County.
To provide operational oversight, management and support to the project so as to maintain a growing enterprise providing high quality essential health services and community engagement to achieve set objectives.
Duties and responsibilities
• To establish operational guidelines for the Health Posts
• To ensure that highest standards of service are provided in the posts, and that communities benefit from the availability of well trained health workers.
• To provide efficient, cost-effective delivery of essential drugs and supplies to the Health Posts, ensuring Just in time stock replenishment and availability
• To manage staff so as to meet the objectives of the project, taking into account the abilities, personal needs and development potential of staff.
• To build the brand of the Health Posts network as a recognizable name for essential health services, and to be involved in activities with community stakeholders including Ministry of Health, Community Units, Community health teams, community members, other Government bodies regulating the activities of the Health Posts, private sector and other partners that advance the cause of the project
• Provide constant proactive mentoring, training, and public awareness campaigns in the community to uplift the general standards of community health.
• Manage electronic data systems, daily and regular reporting from the Health post as needed to monitor performance, budgets and achievement of set targets.
• Ensure that Health Post staff needs are urgently addressed through appropriate communication means and other stakeholders are updated periodically on operations of the projects
• Responsible for assuring the physical security of all Health Post assets.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree from a recognized university with 3-5 years Public or Community Health Management work experience.
• Out-going, friendly “people-person” with very good ability to manage community-based events
• Good oral and written presentation skills
• Good communication skills in English and Kiswahili
• Self-managing with ability to independently plan, execute and complete tasks while addressing daily operational details
• Methodical, organized, quick learner and strategic thinker
• Ability to assess problems and develop innovative and workable solutions
• Computer technology skills and aptitude for new systems
• Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively in a team environment and supervise others.
Must have a clean driving license and willing to drive pick-up truck in remote Health Post areas.
Applicants who meet the above criteria can forward their CV’s, along with the copies of Degree and other necessary credentials by 31st October 2021.