The Operations Manager reports to the Impact Manager at Our Client
The operations manager manages a programme in which startups that have an impactful product or service are built and thereby create jobs. The Operations Manager are the go-to-spokesperson, an expert towards activating young people to start their own business. The Operations Manager naturally take the lead in any project or team whilst being empathetic to young and aspirational people. The operations manager has a thorough understanding of business setup and have expert knowledge on the entrepreneurial ecosystem in Mombasa (and know how to sell it).
Responsibilities and Duties
Provide a bullet point list of the responsibilities and duties of this job.
• Prepare and host inspiration days (for big groups), qualitative co-creations and run the incubation programme together with trainers;
• Hire and coach the trainer(s),who will work for you for 3 years;
• Reach out to young people and activate their entrepreneurial spirits and ambition;
• Conduct mobilisation activities;
• Create, build and manage strategic partnerships;
• Liaise with other programmes e.g makerspace, education center, manufacture);
• Sound operations management (planning/budget/reporting).
• 5+ years of experience in operations management, team management, experience in innovation & tech and/or training experience;
• Interested and have affinity with circular economy;
• You have a business management track record within the Coastal region;
• You have proven ability to speak and write fluent Swahili & English;
• You live in Mombasa and /or have prior working experience at the Coast;
• Multicultural awareness and sensitivity; you’re able to work with people from different cultures and communities;
• Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate and lead teams and engender trust;
• It will be an added advantage for the operations manager to have established networks with the business community in Mombasa i.e corporates, and SMEs.