Our Client, an exclusive private membership social club located in Nairobi seeks to recruit an Operations Manager.
Reports to: General Manager
Direct reports: 10
A solid understanding of hospitality is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work proactively with section leads to achieve optimal member satisfaction, delivering a positive and responsive approach to enquiries and problem resolution.
• Ensure quality, set and maintain standards in our offerings and services.
• Ensure adherence and compliance to operating controls, internal SOPs and all legislation.
• Ensure compliance with licensing, hygiene and health & safety legislation/guidelines.
• Steer ICT to leverage on technology to improve business processes for efficiency.
• Oversee departmental budget and reporting.
• Oversee efficient and effective day-to-day operations.
• Promote the highest standards of ethics and compliance consistently.
Education & Qualification
• Degree educated or equivalent relevant work experience.
• Relevant specialized training e.g. certification in hospitality management/hotel management.
• 5 years+ experience in a similar business environment.
Skills & Experience
• Proven experience in hospitality operations with problem-solving capabilities.
• Experience overseeing operations in areas of Service, Catering and other shared resources.
• Working knowledge of how to leverage on technology to drive efficiency.
• Ability to work in an agile, fast moving environment and ability to keep up with pace of change and prioritize according to business needs.
• Budget and controls.
• Working knowledge of legislation applicable to the Hospitality Industry including health & safety.
• Strong communication and influencing skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
Role Complexities & Leadership Capabilities
• Working across a range of complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
• Multiple projects running at any one time requiring effective management of time and priorities.
• Requires extensive knowledge of how the hospitality industry works to understand operations.
• Ability to hold multiple perspectives and show mental agility in approaching problems.
• Member satisfaction – achieve optimal members satisfaction.
• Standard Operating Procedures – ensuring SOPs are maintained in different areas to achieve consistency and maintain standards.
• Cost Optimization, Effectiveness and Efficiency. This role will have revenue and cost targets.
• Business Processes Improvement.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time Telephone number with Operations Manager on the Subject line. Candidates MUST indicate their Current and Expected salaries.