Operations manager will be in charge of providing inspired leadership for the operation of one of our organisation's lines of business, which involves making important policy and strategic decisions, as well as the development and implementation of operational policies and procedures. You will also be assisting our Human Resources department with recruiting, when necessary, and help promote a company culture that encourages morale and performance.
• Create and implement best practice logistics principles, policies and processes across the organisation to improve operational and financial performance.
• Ensure management of vehicle fleets is in line with RI standards; ensure that appropriate allocation and safe use of vehicles is achieved throughout the program and ensure servicing and maintenance schedules are adhered to.
• Provide feedback through regular performance evaluations and ensure staff is held accountable in accordance with the Human Resource policies.
• Manage, coach and develop a high performing team that meets agreed objectives and delivers best practice results, added value and continuous improvements.
• Communicate transportation information to customers or suppliers, using electronic freight information systems, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of transportation services.
• Ensure transport services are cost-efficient and reliable. Ensure the efficient coordination timely delivery of supplies to projects.
• Ensure systems are in place to effectively plan, coordinate and monitor staff travel.
• Directing, optimising full order cycle.
• Interpret trends and analyse and review data. Provide meaningful logistics data to others in the organisation to aid customer service and improvements.
• Ensure metrics, reports, and process documentation is available.
• Prior experience of working in logistics/supply chain/transportation function with a comprehensive knowledge of logistics processes and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
• Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, logistics ,supply chain or accounting.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.