The ideal candidate will analyze and improve organizational processes and work quality, productivity and efficiency. The ideal candidate must have past experience in working in a furniture company.
• Reporting to the Managing Director you will have responsibility for driving the operational aspects of the business to include sales, logistics / supply chain and warehousing
• Align self with the company’s Ends, business plan, vision, mission and current strategies.
• Participate in Open Book Management and mentor staff accordingly.
• Collaborate with Marketing Manager to develop store wide merchandising guidelines and strategic approaches to marketing efforts
• Managing stock control and inventory checks.
• Having a keen eye on budgets and budgetary changes.
• Communicating changes in an order process to relevant parties.
• Ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed.
• Reviewing workloads and manpower to ensure targets are met.
• Be a major contribution in decision making and strategic planning for the Company.
• Develop a trade marketing plan tailored to each account and new business opportunity.
• Negotiation of terms of sale, credit terms, returns, margins & volume.
• Be responsible as a point of contact for the retail customer regarding any product / merchandise related issues.
• Be aware and sound understanding of competitor analysis and distribution.
• Supporting all functions of the business to work together.
• Minimum of 1-5 years’ work experience in Operations Management / with key accounts experience ideally with Furniture company
• Diploma/Bachelor’s degree in operations management or related field.
• Understanding of general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management.
• Ability to build consensus and relationships among partners and employees.
ADMIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Ability to provide effective leadership for a group, especially in facilitating group processes.
• Ability to handle multiple demands and remain calm under stress.
• Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
• Organized, attention to detail.
• Solid knowledge of storewide budgeting, margin, pricing, financial statements and other retail financial indicators.