DEPARTMENT: Warehouse Department
REPORTS TO: Head of Finance
Manage overall operations and is responsible for the effective and successful management of labour, productivity, quality control and safety measures as established and set for the Operations Department. Ensure safe and efficient operations. Serve as a company representative on regulatory issues. Implement the operational procedure, systems and principles in the areas of information flow and management, business processes according instructions. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, selection and hiring; training new and existing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; authoring and discussing with employee’s performance appraisals; addressing employee performance and corrective action plans; employee motivation and rewards. Organizing the budget of the company in collaboration with the director.
• Supervision of the warehouse staff which includes coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
• Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, employees
• Communicate job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising and reviewing job contributions clearly.
• Maintain good physical condition of the warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
• Plan and review compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
• Implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; Implement the processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
• Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout and implement changes
• Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
• Accomplish operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed
• Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
• Manage staff levels, wages, hours and contract labourers.
• for all operations employees
• Run a safe, injury/accident free workplace
• Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
• Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
• Work closely with Head of Finance and management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
• Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
• Overseeing a small warehousing activity with ICT computer refurbishment and e-waste recycling activities
• Communicate with legal counsel and safety department to ensure all processes remain compliant with OSHA and other governmental regulations
• Maintain receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Perform a variety of tasks as assigned by the management.
Requires a bachelor's degree in area of specialty and 8-10 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices and procedures. Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to top management. Directly manages and directs Operational staff.
Skills & Proficiency:
• Hands on
• People Management
• Data Entry Skills